Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I haven't blogged since March of last year. I have had several people ask me if I was ever going to blog again and I want to thank those people for the encouragment to get started again. My plan was to start blogging at the beginning of this year but I've missed that mark by a few days. Nevertheless, The twelfth of january seems a fine day to start a resolution. So, I'm diving back into the blogging world that I have missed so much.
The traditional theme for the first blog posts of the new year seems to be a review of the past year. I like that idea but 2010 was a difficult year and I would like to focus on what the Lord has been doing in my life in the past year  and his faithfulness to walk through the valleys.
Last year seemed to have a running theme of loss in our lives.
Though it was circumstantially the most difficult year I have ever been through the God of all comfort has never been so real to me. The Lord gave us a peace that was undeniably anything other than the peace of Christ through the loss of a job, the loss of a sister and the loss of two pregnancies all in a five month span.

1. The Lord made this verse real to me and as much as I shared in the suffering of christ, I shared much more in His comfort. Also, the Lord allowed me to comfort others who have experienced loss in many different ways.


"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.  He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.  2 Corinthians 1:3-7

2.The Lord is teaching me to truly  find joy through trials of many kinds.
"Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds..." James 1:2

3.He is teaching me to praise him through loss.
"Naked I came from my mothers womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised."  Job 1:21

4.In October some girls and I started a  bible study (for girls) that meets at my home on monday nights. It is an amazing group of girls from different backgrounds in different places in life. I am so excited to see what God is going to do this year through our time together. ( this is open to anyone [female] so message me if your interested)

5.In November I began being discipled one on one by an amazing woman of God.
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:3-5

I know this is very brief but my eyes are tired and I am rusty at this whole blogging thing but you can be sure that you will see more action on this site soon. HAPPY 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Leah, I am so glad to see all that the Lord is doing in your life. You are such a precious soul and genuinely have a heart of gold. The more you seek Him, whether through the good times or the bad, the more He will reveal Himself to you. Sometimes it's when we are at our lonelist and lowest that we realize how VERY close and ever present He is. I look forward to seeing all that He has in store for you this year my friend! And I hope to SEE you soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you are "back" too!
    Love the new name of the blog! When I read those words or say them, they bring such relief.

    ReplyDelete