Friday, October 2, 2009

A Beautiful Autumn Day

I'm so glad fall is here! I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. I can't believe that this time last year I was going to EVERY craft store in the greater Memphis metropolitan area to find enough off white votive candles to light a small community. yes we cleaned out Hobby Lobby in Colllierville, Garden Ridge and Old Time Pottery among others....Why do do brides do these things?

I'm pretty sure no one will ever remember all the little flickering candles that were so cleverly tucked along the bed of the stream that flowed from the candle covered waterfall.




And Besides all that, someone made the executive decision (without me) to remove the pumpkin spice candles (that we also went all over town to find enough of them) from the edges of the bridge that I walked over in fear that I would catch on fire...but you see, people would remember a bride who caught herself on fire.


This is basically how it would go:
Once I realized what all the gasping was about and why my dad was stomping on my train. I would have frantically jumped off of the bridge and into the pool screaming and then my drenched head would slowly lift from the shallow water and at the moment there would be a look on my face that said "I need to go back into the womb and start my whole life over" ......and then somehow an unauthorized copy of my wedding video would be getting thousands of hits on YouTube :)
Awful, but memorable.
Anyway, the point is I love the fall and I can't believe it has been a year since I was wrapped up in all the wedding planning nonsense! (That being said I loved my wedding is was absolutely perfect and better than I ever dreamed of Thanks to the Lord blessing us beyond reason with wonderful family and friends)
The air is so crisp and cool, every time I walk outside I feel at peace and hopeful.
It's times like this when you simply walk outside and can't help but remember that only an intelligent creator could create seasons so perfectly.
Sometimes when I think about the winter coming I feel rather melancholy because I so dislike the bitter cold and distance from the sun (and therefore all together LACK of sunshine) that winter brings. However, I must remind myself that I wouldn't appreciate the other seasons that I love and celebrate so much, if they were always here.
For instance, if we it was always fall we would never have leaves on our trees and we would get really tired of pumpkins and pecan pies and burnt orange table clothes.
If it were spring all the time I wouldn't get so excited about my tulips blooming because they would always be there and we would have to go to a wedding every weekend of our lives!
All I really wanted to say in this post is this:
What a beautiful time of year! Praise the Lord for seasons!

"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him
with songs of praise!
For the Lord is a great God, and a king above all gods.
In His hands are the depths of the earth;
the heights of the mountains are His also.
The sea is His for he made it, and his hands formed dry land.
Oh come let us worship and bow down;
let us kneel before the Lord our maker!" PSALM 95:1-6

after all the candles and torches were blown out...still pretty :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved your wedding. It was beautiful and I do remember all the votives ;)

    ReplyDelete